Invictus will provide the 144hr Training Program in Palm Beach County at a date (TBD) for Palm Beach Charter Schools. These candidates will go through an extensive 144-hour training program to meet the guidelines for the School Security Guard. The training following requirements:
- Eighty hours of firearms instruction based on the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission’s Law Enforcement Academy training model, which must include at least 10 percent but no more than 20 percent more rounds fired than associated with academy training. Program participants must achieve an 85 percent pass rate on the firearms training.
- Sixteen hours of instruction in precision pistol.
- Eight hours of discretionary shooting instruction using simulator exercises.
- Eight hours of instruction in active shooter or assailant scenarios.
- Eight hours of instruction in defensive tactics.
- Twelve hours of instruction in legal issues.
- Twelve hours of a certified nationally recognized diversity training program.
Education/Experience requirements for all applicants:
• High School Diploma
• Be a U.S. Citizen and at least 21 years of age
• Valid Security “D” and “G” licenses
• Complete 144 total hours of comprehensive firearm safety and proficiency training
• Submit to and pass an initial drug test
• Successfully complete ongoing training, weapon inspection, and firearm qualification on at least an annual basis.
These include Education/Experience requirements for all applicants:
Meet one of the following experience/education requirements
• 2 years of security experience within the past 5 years, or
An associate degree or 60 semester hours of college coursework, or
• 2 years of military or National Guard (active or reserve) experience, or
• Completion of a Police Officer’s Standard Training course, or
• Any reasonable combination of the above
• Ability to meet all requirements to obtain and retain a favorable suitability determination.
Tuition, (outlined below) payable to Invictus (in the form of a company check, or credit card) shall be due in full on the first day of the program and becomes non-refundable on Day-6. Classes are limited to 40 students (ea), on a first-come, first-served basis.
Tuition Fee: $1,237.50 per student
Company-sponsored applicants who successfully complete all of the below will be eligible for (tuition only) reimbursement:
- Successful graduation of the 144hrs of required training
- Successful completion and the receipt of a passing score on the required psychological exam
- Successfully passing the required urinalysis
- Proof of employment at one of the Charter Schools in Palm Beach County
Once all of the above has been verified by Invictus, reimbursements will be processed within 90-days of completion of the program.
Completion of the 144hr training program does not guarantee that tuition will be reimbursed.
Psychological exams and drug testing fees are non-refundable.
No refunds will be given for students who willfully withdraw themselves from the program.
It is estimated that the training will take 12-days to complete.
A minimum of 15 enrolled students is required in order for training to begin.
3200 South Congress Ave
Boynton Beach, FL 33426
Click HERE for the required Gear List